September has been a month full of news; that's because two of our partners have made significant announcements about improvements and new launches on their platforms. We're specifically talking about Salesforce and HubSpot who held their annual signature conferences to release updates about their products.
Do you want to know what they told the attendees?
What updates got announced at Salesforce's Dreamforce 2018?
More than 170,000 people descended on downtown San Francisco last week for Salesforce’s annual event – Dreamforce 2018.
The four-day conference, from September 25 – 28, brought together customers, partners and industry professionals to explore products, build strategic partnerships, attend informative sessions and, of course, be the first to hear about Salesforce’s new announcements.
And for those in attendance, this year didn’t disappoint.
Salesforce's recent acquisition of Mulesoft paved the way for one of the most significant announcements of the event – the introduction of Customer 360.
Customer 360 is a click-based admin interface that allows Salesforce users to maintain, resolve and manage customer data across multiple Salesforce applications.
In short, customers can now be identified across the full Salesforce product line – Marketing, Service and Commerce Cloud – instantly pulling up a complete profile that allows you to learn even more about an opportunity, quickly.
The good news? The built-in service will be a FREE addition to the platform.
The bad? It won’t be available until the second half of 2019.
Partnership with Apple
Apple and Salesforce, two of the biggest technology giants of our generation, are finally joining forces to deliver groundbreaking solutions on iOS.
What does this mean for users?
For one, expect to see a reimagined Salesforce mobile app that leverages Apples key capabilities, such as Siri voice technology and Face ID, to deliver the ultimate customer experience.
The new partnership also means the revolutionary education portal, Trailhead, will finally be going mobile. Making it easier than ever to learn anywhere, anytime.
And finally, a new Salesforce Mobile SDK will allow users to develop apps directly on the Salesforce Lightning Platform, before deploying them on iOS. Those looking to get a head start can already access the new "Get Started with iOS App Development Trail.”
Einstein Voice Assistant
AI technology is nothing new, so the announcement of Einstein Voice Assistant wasn’t a big surprise to many.
However, as we saw at Dreamforce, Einstein Voice is about much more than voice recognition.
The voice-activated interface can perform a wide range of tasks and activities, such as note dictation and data entry. Likely, the most exciting feature is its ability to update Salesforce entries in real-time – allowing you to log sales notes, update data and create tasks by merely speaking, perfect for busy salespeople on the go.
Other Einstein Voice highlights include personalized daily updates through Amazon, Apple, Google or other smart speakers, as well as a unique configuration that allows Einstein Voice to understand jargon that is unique to a company's vocabulary.
What happened at HubSpot’s INBOUND 2018?
From September 4th to 7th, another one of our partners celebrated another edition of its annual conference. More than 24,000 people flocked to Boston from all over the world to listen to HubSpot announce all of the latest updates from its suite of tools at INBOUND 2018.
Do you want to know about the new capabilities HubSpot has added? Let us tell you!
The new HubSpot Growth Suite
This new package includes HubSpot's Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, and Service Hub for a more competitive price than if you were going to get each one separately. This new bundle is ideal for growing teams that want to work with first-class professional tools.
The new HubSpot Video
Video is gaining more and more prominence in every strategy, and HubSpot knows it. That’s why, with HubSpot Video, all users will have the ability to create their campaigns on the platform and get the most out of this content format.
This new capability will have applications in Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, and Service Hub in the HubSpot Professional and Enterprise plans.
The new HubSpot CMS
Personalization is a characteristic become increasingly more prominent in marketing campaigns. HubSpot has modernized its CMS that combines the power of its CRM to boost these experiences to every single user. You can get it as a separate product or with any other HubSpot tool.
New functions for the Enterprise plan
To provide support to growing teams in large corporations, HubSpot has included these functions, among others, in its Enterprise plan:
- Teams: creates groups within HubSpot and tags every member based on the country they're in, business unit, product, or any other dimension that is appropriate.
- Additional dashboards: the Enterprise plan now lets you create up to 25 personalized dashboards and 500 customized reports.
- Single login: this improves your HubSpot account's security and gives more control over access for every team member. This functionality is available in Beta.
- Personalized bots: create bots that help with simple requests. You can upload your code and set it up however you like.
- Slack integration: connect the team and create workflows that will deliver a Slack notification when a specific task gets completed within HubSpot.
Updates to Marketing Hub Enterprise
The new version of Marketing Hub Enterprise offers more control, greater flexibility, and better integrations to teams with the same simplicity as before. These are the new capabilities:
- Content partitioning: once you have adequately classified every team member, you can choose who has access to specific content and who doesn't. It's particularly useful for multinational teams or those that are divided by products or brands.
- Exclusive content: categorizes content based on the type of user wanting to see it, giving you the ability to create content exclusively for VIP customers.
- YouTube integration: Have the statistics about the video content you’ve uploaded to YouTube on hand.
- Predictive Lead Scoring: automatically classify leads according to the probability that they will convert into customers while considering different factors. It's four times more precise and faster.
An improved Sales Hub Enterprise
This new version of Sales Hub Enterprise gives Sales teams a CRM tool with everything they need to acquire new customers straightforwardly.
- Libraries: create a library of best practices and resources for sales.
- Automated call transcription and recording: HubSpot transcribes any call that you record within the CRM.
- Goal management: control your objectives and measure your sales team’s performance.
- Benefits tracker: administer and control benefits within HubSpot.
- Multiple currencies: manage and update accounts in different currencies with the appropriate currency.
New Service Hub Enterprise
With business growth comes an increase in the number of complaints or queries from customers. HubSpot has improved this part of their tool to facilitate work for teams.
- Customer sentiment scoring: get information about the feeling, whether it be positive or negative, for every customer. This way, you'll be able to identify those who are more at risk and intervene. info
- Manuals: create manuals with resources and recommendations for customer service.
Improvements to the Marketing Hub Professional plan
Besides HubSpot Video, marketing teams will also have the following functionalities:
- Personalized content reports: create unique experiences through pages that offer personalized content for every user. Afterward, you'll be able to measure performance in HubSpot.
- Personalized report generator: create customized reports that give you the information you need when you need it.
We at WAM are HubSpot and Salesforce partners, ensuring that we are at the forefront of implementing the latest updates to these tools from the moment they launch. We like working with the newest technology! And we're sure that all these new applications will offer us more possibilities in our day-to-day as well as our clients’.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date with the latest digital trends.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date with the latest digital trends.No thanks. My inbox is fine as it is.