Welcome to 2022, new trends in digital marketing, what can we expect?
Over the last few years, the majority of products in our economy have become digital and business models are backing themselves with the use of digital technologies to generate new income and value creation opportunities. In fact, there’s already a word for it. The pandemic has brought us hyper-digitalization.
With the use of technology, available options are now within reach of the user. Users have gained power; it’s much easier for them to “disconnect” and move on to the competition. Companies have to pay more attention to their marketing and communication actions, focusing more on their clients:
- Constantly thinking about how to help them, personalizing available messages and actions
- Incrementally automating all possible processes to resolve the needs and concerns of users quickly and simply
- Using the largest number of data available to users, like geolocation
- Creating user generated content
Focusing on users means connecting emotionally with them, capturing both their attention and their loyalty.
What Tool Should We Highlight?
The key to creating and executing digital marketing strategy is Customer Data Platforms. They allow us to manage our clients’ data (storing, integrating, and tagging it), offering a unified vision of the client.
What Methodologies Should We Highlight?
Account Based Marketing uses the IP addresses of certain companies or offices to address only them, with content aimed directly at them.
Agile Methodologies are also important to mention. These methodologies strengthen the autonomy and responsibility of multidisciplinary reduced groups throughout the entire development cycle of a product or service. They make decisions to integrate the new available information and achieve results.
What Should We Expect from Content Marketing in 2022?
Data is becoming increasingly involved in our lives; we are looking to consume it on a regular basis. That’s where the term infovore comes from: it’s a person who inhales information and constantly accesses it on digital devices.
In order for the data to do something, it has to provide information:
- Conversational interfaces (using voice), thanks to natural language processing (NLP)
- Omnichannel personalization: store sessions and user preferences on all channels
- Native publicity, mixed with organic content
- More videos and vlogs, personalized at the end of the sales funnel
- Content communities to differentiate your target audiences and create a feeling of exclusivity
What Should We Expect from Digital Public Relations in 2022?
Public relations in the digital world seek measurable strategies to increase the online presence of their brands. How can you ensure your audience knows your brand and thinks about it? How can you direct more traffic to your website? What links does your site need to optimize its positioning, sales, social media followers, and engagement?
Metaverse enters the stage, a network of virtual worlds (which includes augmented reality) in 3D and with blockchain.
One example is Mesh, the mixed reality of Microsoft Teams for meetings between people and avatars. You’ll see how the adoption of these virtual worlds skyrockets once any computer or phone allows it.
What Can We Expect from SEO in 2022?
SEO analysis (search engine optimization) will be essential to know what kind of content is attracting organic traffic; it’s a trend in which Google tries to ensure the user doesn’t leave the search engine.
For this, it’s important to focus on:
- Different kinds of results
- Different kinds of content
- New techniques for traffic attraction
- Result analysis
What Should We Expect from Paid Media in 2022?
Our audience won’t just access our content in an organic way. Sponsored social media ads, graphic design ads, paid search results, video ads, and other promoted multimedia methods will continue to be part of our arsenal. In a market that is slowly filling and user attention is decreasing, it’s important to focus on:
- Well defined attribution models
- Efficiently measuring results
- Standing out above the competition
What Should We Expect from Social Media Marketing in 2022?
Neuroscience has taught us that daily consumers have become the best ambassadors of our brand and content creators of the world. UGC (user-generated content) is more authentic, creates more loyalty and a feeling of community, and is scalable.
- More content created by users
- Interest for micro influencers and nano influencers
- Automated social media marketing, tools to create publications early, even a complete campaign and see the reach of your campaign
How Should We Optimize the Conversation Rate in 2022?
Consumption trends evolve throughout time and we must follow them closely and react properly. Don’t forget:
- Pixel analytics or conversion pixels
- Paid integration from CDPs (customer data platforms)
- Upselling and cross-selling with artificial intelligence
2022 is going to continue with hyper digitalization, influencers, employees as brand ambassadors, and all the processes that improve access to our content.
We want to tell you more about trends in digital marketing and each one of its tools to take on in your 360° strategy. In our next articles, you’ll see it all.
Don't forget to ask your marketing department or agency to emphasize improving the user experience, automating data collection and analysis to improve the positioning of our content, without forgetting the interaction and the generation of personalized content and offers.
1. Geolocation as a strategic marketing tool isn’t new, but the data available and the capacity to process them in real time is increasingly higher. https://www.deustoformacion.com/blog/marketing-digital/geolocalizacion-herramienta-estrategica-marketing
2. Scrum, una mejor manera de construir productos https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-scrum
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date with the latest digital trends.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date with the latest digital trends.No thanks. My inbox is fine as it is.